Gary,

No. " ...3dB above the maximum OSHA 8 hour day background limit @ 3 meters..."
See the table in 1910.95. These are the absolute limits. Other jurisdictions,
like Ontario where I live, have lower limits. 85 dB(A) TWA 8h here. Also see
the ACGIH tables in the TLV's and BEI's. You'll find corroborating data. The EU
is considering lower limits.

Having said that, if you know that your intended use environment is quieter
than that, then feel free to spec it lower, BUT that will not conform to the
text of the standard originally quoted.

--
Doug Nix
d...@mac.com

“Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has
never been.” - Albert Einstein

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>