John,

Essentially yes but remember, I am talking from a purely regulatory
compliance perspective.

Of course there is nothing to stop anyone including an ARPANSA compliance
requirement in their purchase spec for example, rightly or wrongly applying
the ARPANSA standard.

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson
Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards/Australian Agent Services)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    kevin.richard...@stanimore.com    or    kevin.richard...@ieee.org

Confidentiality
This material (this email including all attachments) may contain
confidential and/or privileged information intended to be read or used by
the addressees only.  If you are not one of the intended recipients or you
have received this material in error, any copying, disclosure, distribution,
use of or reliance upon this material is prohibited.  Please immediately
notify Stanimore Pty Limited and delete/destroy all copies (electronic and
hardcopy) of this email and all attachments.  While the sender tries to
ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this material, Stanimore
take no responsibility for any actions taken as a result of receiving this
material or for any consequence of its use.