Fra: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sendt: 19. mars 2013 20:42
Til: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Emne: Re: [PSES] RTTE - Radio product or not

In message
<3f0347ac6ed9504191f91f07629fbb0c01540...@thhsle14mbx2.hslive.net>,
dated Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Charlie Blackham <char...@sulisconsultants.com>
writes:

>Product B isn’t a radio without product A attached, therefore product A
>is part of a radio system and the R&TTE Directive applies.

I would tentatively agree: in CENELEC long ago, the question was (half
seriously) raised as to whether a washing machine with a  microprocessor was a
household appliance or ITE. The answer was  that the 'intended function' is
definitive.

I think this can be extended to products like A and B, which are not intended
to work alone but are components of a system. The 'intended function' of the
system is a radio, so the component parts are 'radio'.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk SHOCK HORROR! Dinosaur-like
DNA found in chicken and turkey meals John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>