From: ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen
Sent: 03/20/13 08:48 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Critical component in EMC report

EMC testing is a service to our clients, so as to allow them to sign
their Declaration of Compliance/conformance.
The EMC test report needs to enable our customer to
efficiently and accurately create compliant products.
A problem with many small and medium enterprises is that they actually do not
know what they exactly offered for testing. BOMs with almost unspecified
parts are common. Mechanical drawings of the enclosure are often
missing and I have yet to see
a customer provide me with a professional grounding diagram for EMC.
(Listing materials, paintings and EMC fixtures for example)
In fact most customers do NOT know what parts of the equipment
are relevant for EMC.
How ever can they produce compliant products ?
So our EMC reports do “freeze” a state of the product, by
listing all relevant (in our opinion) construction details.
Starting with a diagram part list, pcb lay-outs and technical drawing,
component brands
and grounding details are included. Software version is recorded
as well as hardware revisions. Drawings are dated and recorded.
For those customers that need to provide the test reports to their customer,
we issue a “results-only version” on request.
Too often this has proven to be useful, as our customer can fall back
of the details in the test report to detect the cause of a sudden failure.

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen, BSc
 g.grem...@cetest.nl
www.cetest.nl

Kiotoweg 363
3047 BG Rotterdam
T 31(0)104152426
F 31(0)104154953
Before printing, think about the environment.