From: David <barid61...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: "EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG" <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: 10 MHz mag field for EN 61000-4-10

All,

We have a customer with a requirement I haven't seen before.  Doing a
magnetic field test with a damped sine, at 10 MHz.  I'm at a loss for what
to do.  The generator we have does 100 kHz and 1 MHz, but not 10 MHz.  Do
they even build them?  If so, why?  Where are these high frequency magnetic
fields coming from?

My main question is, how can I create a 10 MHz damped sine induced into a
loop?  With a requirement of 100 A/m, I just can't find a way.  The standard
wants a 1 turn loop, but how is anyone going to generate 100 amps in a loop
at 10 MHz?  With multiple turns, the inductance will wreck the waveform.

Thanks,

David

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.