From: Kannan Dhamodaran
Sent: 10/03/13 02:17 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] EFT Generator series inductance

Dear Members,
Request your expert opinion on EFT generator CDN decoupling inductance.
I’m facing a problem while connecting 48V DC-DC converter, with >6A input
current, to EFT generator CDN. DC supply fed through CDN is unstable and
produces huge ripple that leads to my DC-DC converter shutdown. This is
observed while just powering ON and EFT not applied.
With another make CDN the ripple is less and system works fine.
I guess the decoupling inductance of CDN causes the ripple.
Have any of you faced similar issue?
What is the standard series impedance of a EFT – CDN network?
Or are there any other angle to look for?
Thank you all in advance.
Best regards
Kannan

discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <