 From: Cortland Richmond <k...@earthlink.net>
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [PSES] Standards copyright lawsuit

The problem is, of course, that by incorporating copyrighted documents into the
Code of Federal Regulations "by reference," various agencies render invisible
laws we are all required to obey -- unless we go to their reading rooms (I
think) to find out.

In practice?  We on this list work or have worked for firms who
      could afford to buy copies of their own.  But imagine one day
      finding that one has been convicted in absentia of speeding
      through a town without speed limit signs,  limits available only
      by subscription.

Cortland Richmond