From: McInturff, Gary [mailto:gary.mcintu...@esterline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:43 AM
To: Pettit, Ghery; 'EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG'
Subject: RE: [PSES] Standards copyright lawsuit

Conceptually I agree but I can’t see how it could ever be solved. “Stupid” is
pretty relative. We have environmental laws which many see as “stupid”.
Unrestricted coal burning for example. Some countries have no such laws –or
don’t enforce them - and you can’t see the horizon because it’s “foggy”. The
shear plethora of laws occurs because as soon as a law is published somebody
looks for a way to circumvent the intent of the law (probably because it was
stupid), then another law is made or amended to address the circumvention. Ad
nauseaium (Homemade Latin phrase)

Certainly my opinion only.
Gary