Actually the line conducted emissions limits in CFR47 section 15.107 has not
been 450kHz to 30MHz for quite some time now (changed in 2005).  It has been
the same as CISPR (i.e. starting at 150kHz to 30MHz) since then.

Radiated emissions limits however, are different between CSIPR and CFR 47
15.109. The interesting thing about this however, is that 15.109(g)(4)
states “(4) If the radiated emissions are measured to demonstrate
compliance with the alternative standards in this paragraph, compliance must
also be demonstrated with the conducted limits shown in §15.107(e).”   I
believe 15.107(e) was a commensurate statement in the line conducted section
as the above statement is in the Radiated section.   Problem is, since they
went to the CISPR limits in 15.107 around 2005, and there is no longer a 15.
107(e) in the rules, so the note is meaningless.

Thanks

Dennis Ward
Senior Reviewing Engineer

PCTEST