From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 24 January 2014 16:29
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Audio Frequency Induction Loop

In message
<beda313b3e2b304ca6a08001bd61c9c01a257...@ukmb01.mottmac.group.int>,
dated Fri, 24 Jan 2014, "McCallum, Andy" <andy.mccal...@mottmac.com>
writes:

>Anyone aware of any interference from Trams (750V DC Overhead Catenary
>Systems, max current 1000A) on AFIL systems (EN  60118-4:2006). From my
>very basic calculation you need a significant separation distance (in
>excess of 25m). Any previous studies or examples would be most helpful.

I don't have any studies or examples, but I'm heavily involved with that
standard; I'm actually editing the next edition today! Of course, the system
doesn't pass DC and very low and high frequencies, so it's a question of
transients, from about 20 ms down to perhaps 100 μs.

If you care to tell me how you calculated 25 m, I will compare it with my
calculations. Meanwhile, I'll ask around in the AFILS community.

Any reports submitted here might well contribute to the next but one edition of
IEC 60118-4 or a planned Technical Report covering all aspects of AFILS -
purchase, design, installation, maintenance and 'care and feeding'.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Nondum ex
silvis sumus John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and Associates, Rayleigh, Essex UK

Instructions:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>