Just as you say Doug, safety is a major concern.

As long as smartphones and tablets are primarily

designed as –look what we can fit into this small box-toys,

and professional use is not seriously considered,

I suggest anyone should refrain from storing

any company confidential information on a smartphone.

And dropbox, you may as well “drop” it in the mail”box”

the local NSA office (that is where their brand comes from).

If their user accounts are not simply hacked……by the Chinese or Russians.

I consider all cloud services as plain public domain until proven otherwise.

Since I learned that all routers have a backdoor to intercept

all data flowing through, I would also refrain data transfer

over the internet at all unless encrypted… but someone

told me that encryption software also has a backdoor.

I know of a cheap tool called RF toolbox running on <brand withhold>,

that is actively maintained by the designer, and offers

30-40 tools of the kind you mention.

Though more HAM oriented than real EMC.

Regards,

Ing.  Gert Gremmen, BSc