Hi Gert,

Thank you very much.  your suggestion is very useful.  I will definitely
try it.

Regards
Ravinder Ajmani
HGST, a Western Digital company
5601 Great Oaks Pkwy
San Jose, CA 95119-1003
ravinder.ajm...@hgst.com

"ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen" <g.grem...@cetest.nl>
03/25/2014 01:47 AM

<ravinder.ajm...@hgst.com>, <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
cc

Subject
RE: [PSES] Higher EMI from ASIC built with new process

Hi Ravinder,

Note that voltage measurements (even on a fast scope) are not what you are
looking for in
EMC. Only current measurements give you a good impression.
You might construct you own current sensor with a tiny ferrite (3-5 mm)
cut in two halves and put 3-5 winding on it. This works up to  +/- 1 Gig
only
and needs shielding and some kind of calibration to use reliably.

Some principles are shown below from our friend Ken Wyatt (also on this
list):
http://www.interferencetechnology.com/the-hf-current-probe-theory-and-application/

but I recommend using half a ferrite, to be able place it on a pcb trace
for example.

Regards,

Ing.  Gert Gremmen, BSc