From: Brian Oconnell [mailto:oconne...@tamuracorp.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 9:59 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] RE2: [PSES] Television Manufacturing Documentary From The
Late 1950's - YouTube

My love affair with Tek scopes from that era continues. I have two at home. And
one in the safety lab, which drives the boss crazy, thus making its retention
all worthwhile...

The level of test is probably an order of magnitude greater than that era, but
perhaps noticed less because most test is automated and most stuff is designed
with test in mind (remember the old DFT push?).

As for commercial product transport tests -> very common and some of these
tests are fun to do. Also, in addition to the ANSI and ASTM and IEC stuff, the
major carriers also publish specs and profiles and tests for packaging  based
on a well-defined transport environment.

Brian