From: Pettit, Ghery [mailto:ghery.pet...@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:46 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] FCC EMI Test and Ferrites on Cables

You are highly unlikely to find the ferrite prayer beads at Best Buy.  If you
don't specify which ones to get you have no idea what the result will be.  I
think you are correct, the beads must be shipped with the product.  The right
ones, to boot.

Now, how does the designer know that he needs ferrite beads?  My experience has
been that many (most?) HDMI cables do not have their shields terminated
properly, if at all.  Once the shields are terminated correctly problems go
away.  Could this be a better solution?

Ghery S. Pettit