All,

I was looking through sales ads for electronics equipment, and saw a
Blu-Ray disc player from a major company that came with an HDMI cable.

In the past, I would have just considered this a convenience to the buyer,
like including batteries for remote controls.  Now, I'm wondering if the
HDMI cable had ferrites, or came from a qualified vendor list of known-good
cable manufacturers.

If a company has to supply a cable to control emissions, does that fact
need to be reinforced in the user's manual?  For example, 'Use only
supplied HDMI cable or equivalent', or 'Use only <company> brand products
for best performance.'

Pat Lawler
plawl...@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Gary McInturff <gary.mcintu...@esterline.com