Dave et al,

Thanks for the help....

I will try these multi-user option next time.

Gert

From: Nyffenegger, Dave [mailto:dave.nyffeneg...@bhemail.com]
Sent: woensdag 24 september 2014 15:40
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Buying Standards

I recall there is an explanation on the EVS web site regarding the
purchase options and details on what you get.  I think there is also a
low cost one time view on-line option as well.  You have to go through
the add to cart process to get the option to pick multi-user electronic
delivery option and then select 2 or more users to get the price.  With
the mulit-user license you get an unlocked PDF that you can do anything
with.  This is the reason I use that option.

So the unlocked PDF is searchable, the docs open just fine in Acrobat
reader or Pro (or I imagine any other PDF reader), you can put a copy of
the doc on a local PC and/or on a server, you can open it with standard
Acrobat with no special plugins, you don't need an Internet connection
once you download it, you can copy and paste (another reason I use the
multi user option for citations of bits and pieces).  You are supposed
to use no more than the simultaneous number of licenses purchased but
there is no digital enforcement.  The files are watermarked with your
license information.

-Dave