Hi Charlie:

On certified products, I have seen shrink-wrap
holding soldered connections in place.

The shrink-wrap must attached to both the wire and
some other "thing" that holds the wire in place
should the solder connection fail.  I have seen
the shrink wrap covering both the solder joint and
the terminal such that the terminal is the other
"thing" that holds the wire in place.

The issue is that if the solder joint fails, the
wire can contact some other potential that would
create a dangerous situation.  I have seen cabling
used for this purpose.

Note that the solder joint itself must be
mechanically secure prior to soldering.

Best regards,

Rich