I agree with Gary, but the quality depends on wire type and match
between wire and crimp.

Also the tool quality (if the right tool is used at all) is essential.

Crimps are suitable for stranded wire only, and the wire need to be
inserted far enough.

Crimps are subject to a number of failure causes, and I have seen many
wires come out of a crimp

connector without force.

Not all safety critical parts have full compatible flat 6.3 mm
terminals, the retention hole is missing or adapted so as

to allow wires be soldered into.

Manufacturers of crimp terminals often fail to provide decent assembly
and safety instructions with their products leaving ample space to for
misfits....

There is also no (safety) convention on where to select what type of
terminal, be it ring, fork or pin or connector type, so

the component applied determines the choice of type, not necessarily
leading to  a safe solution.

This is the more true as component manufacturers provide safety-approved
and non-approved types of the same component, mostly at a better price,
differing only a type of connection.

I have seen pin type of crimp connectors used at a screwed power supply
terminal (mains side), and

I fail to see the added value of the double crimp action in that case.
If the screw comes loose then...

I have seen no safety standard explicitly  refusing shrinked connections
within the restrictions Rich mentioned.

Interesting question on heat shrinks is there possible qualification as
an insulator..... ??

Gert Gremmen

Ce-test