The same applies for the FCC if you have not gone down the "certification" path
which the FCC ha.

      From: John Woodgate <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk>
 To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
 Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:52 PM
 Subject: Re: [PSES] EMC Certification carried out with Non-ROHS Compliant ASIC

In message
<dm2pr0401mb10057a3686c988c4c2ac88b382...@dm2pr0401mb1005.namprd04.prod.o
utlook.com>, dated Fri, 20 Mar 2015, Ravinder Ajmani
<ravinder.ajm...@hgst.com> writes:

>I would like to know if a recertification will be needed with the ROHS
>compliant ASIC, or can we use the same certification.  There will be no
>other change in the ASIC or PCB.

I don't know about FCC, but for Europe, there is no 'certification'
under the EMC Directive. It's the manufacturer's responsibility to
ensure that the product is compliant.

What you need to do is record the change from the non-RoHS product to
the RoHS product in your EMC assessment file and state that the change
has no effect on EMC (as long as that is true).
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
When I turn my back on the sun, it's to look for a rainbow

Website:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Jim Bacher:  <j.bac...@ieee.org>