From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 11:38 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] RF Common Mode Immunity Test Question

In message <009601d0ef5d$3dc51eb0$b94f5c10$@cox.net>, dated Mon, 14 Sep 2015,
Ed Price <edpr...@cox.net> writes:

>True, the FCC is essentially still following the Communications Act of
>1934 in its scope. However, telegraph rates aren?t so important
>anymore, while the issue of consumer electronics immunity certainly is.
>We expect our laws and regulations to evolve to address the important
>issues of the day, junking the obsolete and helping with new conflicts.

It is interesting that the US (ANSI) participates fully in the IEC committees
on immunity, having four experts on each and holding the Convenership of one.

Immunity is for other people, right?just
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk When I turn
my back on the sun, it's to look for a rainbow John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dpses.org_emc-2Dpstc.html&d=BQIBAg&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=RJLDFgHJo89sjFN46b74hFXEuxvz4Z1iAx-glaOgP0k&m=DfV_m4hH3uYrcwXDEL2oYYcUiAvH2GMGZPgMEluXep8&s=t7oXi6LZLk9QUYcMWGf13x8Qxh9Cq5N3LJRz-eY1hQ8&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__product-2Dcompliance.oc.ieee.org_&d=BQIBAg&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=RJLDFgHJo89sjFN46b74hFXEuxvz4Z1iAx-glaOgP0k&m=DfV_m4hH3uYrcwXDEL2oYYcUiAvH2GMGZPgMEluXep8&s=dpVzl3vy7Ty2lVA_Mtsf22T9AlmIrq7VSjkKFoiZeok&e=
  can be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dpses.org_&d=BQIBAg&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=RJLDFgHJo89sjFN46b74hFXEuxvz4Z1iAx-glaOgP0k&m=DfV_m4hH3uYrcwXDEL2oYYcUiAvH2GMGZPgMEluXep8&s=MBC-PWkSTEdeV_H3SE5E5EPsKwSScsy8M4MdESoVsWI&e=
Instructions:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dpses.org_list.html&d=BQIBAg&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=RJLDFgHJo89sjFN46b74hFXEuxvz4Z1iAx-glaOgP0k&m=DfV_m4hH3uYrcwXDEL2oYYcUiAvH2GMGZPgMEluXep8&s=LjdwUv5zHYB3ySMXNcEZdm5qwGtHal09S1fn1PyFDE8&e=
  (including how to unsubscribe) List rules:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dpses.org_listrules.html&d=BQIBAg&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=RJLDFgHJo89sjFN46b74hFXEuxvz4Z1iAx-glaOgP0k&m=DfV_m4hH3uYrcwXDEL2oYYcUiAvH2GMGZPgMEluXep8&s=tT_yY90TkyzdkSVMHn2qyiXL4O15CdyApX6TfWVVI9Y&e=