From: Ravinder Ajmani [mailto:ravinder.ajm...@hgst.com]
Sent: 15 September 2015 18:51
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] RF Common Mode Immunity Test Question

Pardon my skepticism, but I have very little faith on the US industries
self-enforcing any kind of regulations.  When Wall Street analysts expect
public companies to show higher profits quarter after quarter, lowering the
cost becomes the key driver.

However most US companies ship their products overseas, and almost all of
these countries have some form of immunity requirements, similar to the EU
regulations.  Hence one can assume that the products built in US are
designed to meet these requirements.

The sad thing is that in until the eighties US was leading the world on EMC
requirements, but now has fallen behind.

My personal view.

Regards

Ravinder Ajmani

HGST, a Western Digital company