Hi Philip,

The precedence is EMC product standards --> Generic EMC standards --> Basic
EMC publications.

The Basic EMC publications act as building blocks for Generic EMC standards
& EMC Product standards.

The Generic EMC standards act as building blocks for EMC Product standards.

You can get more info at the link - http://www.iec.ch/emc/basic_emc/

Regards,
Rajneesh