Most of the "front" text states that these are the minimum requirements to
place a product on the market.
If a product is designed to meet only the minimum requirements to be placed on
the market ...
Well, if the sales and volumes are not good, - due to minimal performance ...
loser !
Every product that management has pushed to ship by meeting minimum
requirements, has come back to be redesigned to better meet the requirements
with more margin.  Twice the engineering costs and twice the approvals cost and
twice the delay in marketing, and a poor reputation in the market for free !!
Not counting the doubling of costs to make a comeback.
Test everything, short or long, and test to higher levels to find the margins
to failing.
For example, A product met the ESD tests as designed.
but in the field it failed ESD.  Customer was negatively impressed and made
sure we knew that !
The fix, really cheap and easy, made the product immune to all the ESD tester
could do !!
30 kV all day long, directly on the contacts, no problem.
EMC is cheap and easy when applied correctly.
But there are some that will make it, EMC, out to be some sort of black magic
that is real mystery to solve.
When it is not, and can be solved and fixed rather easily.
So test to the hardest standards that you can apply and make it work with that
!!!