From: McDiarmid, Ralph [mailto:ralph.mcdiar...@schneider-electric.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:32 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Ancillary Equipment per EN 301 489-1

If it helps, the Oxford Concise English dictionary defines "ancillary" as:

"a person, activity, or service providing essential support"

Since the AC/DC adapter is essential to the function of the device, it provides
more than merely "essential support"
It is by all means an inseparable part of the device, even if it is a separate
physical part.

Sounds like something the US Supreme Court would love to spend days to argue
the point.  ;>))
Ralph McDiarmid
Compliance Engineering
Residential/Commercial