Thanks guys, but still struggling agreeing with the fact it's not part of the
machinery directive.  A rope can be but a pulley block is not??

Steve - the last part of the first sentence is  that do not have a specific
application and that are intended to be incorporated into machinery.  The
pulley block is being sold by itself and has an application.

Also, is it not a lifting accessory??

This Directive applies to the following products:

(a)

machinery;

(b)

interchangeable equipment;

(c)

safety components;

(d)

lifting accessories;

(e)

chains, ropes and webbing;

(f)

removable mechanical transmission devices;

(g)

partly completed machinery.

d)

‘lifting accessory’ means a component or equipment not attached to the lifting
machinery, allowing the load to be held, which is placed between the machinery
and the load or on the load itself, or which is intended to constitute an
integral part of the load and which is independently placed on the market;
slings and their components are also regarded as lifting accessories;

(e)

‘chains, ropes and webbing’ means chains, ropes and webbing designed and
constructed for lifting purposes as part of lifting machinery or lifting
accessories;