From: Ralph McDiarmid [mailto:ralph.mcdiar...@schneider-electric.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:06 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] AMA Warns of Harm from LED Streetlights’ Blue Light

This seems a reasonable idea, in an attempt to approximate the intensity of
existing lamps.   ( turn 'em down a little! )

"The AMA recommends an intensity threshold for optimal LED lighting that
minimizes blue-rich light"

Depending on how these things are powered, I wonder if there might be a flicker
problem at 50Hz?  (similar to the CRT television frame rate flicker that was so
noticeable to those of us used to the 60Hz rate)

Ralph McDiarmid
Product Compliance
Engineering
Solar Business