It is interesting finding!  I believe the direct plug-in equipment is exempted
from BS 1363 plug regulation but have to meet with end product standard such as
EN 60950-1 as long as the pin module complies with the dimensional requirements
of BS 1363.

The chargers of Apple, Samsung, JBL, LG, etc. for mobile phones, BT speakers,
headphones, etc. do not have a fuse in the plug.  However,  Apple’s chargers
for iPads and Microsoft chargers for Surface tablets do have a fuse in the plug
of their direct plug-in equipment.

Looking forward to hearing the legal basis from other experts!

Scott