I can confirm Mr. Larkin’s and Mr. Woodgate’s statements.

The UK and Ireland have a national difference for IEC 60950-1 reads as follows.

2.7.1: In the United Kingdom, to protect against excessive currents and
short-circuits in the PRIMARY CIRCUIT of DIRECT PLUG-IN EQUIPMENT, tests
according to 5.3 shall be conducted, using an external protective device rated
30 A or 32 A. If these tests fail, suitable protective devices shall be
included as integral parts of the DIRECT PLUG-IN EQUIPMENT, so that the
requirements of 5.3 are met.

Here is the corresponding national difference for IEC 62368-1.

B.3.1 and B.4: To protect against excessive currents and short-circuits in the
primary circuit of direct plug-in equipment, tests according to Annexes B.3.1
and B.4 shall be conducted using an external miniature circuit breaker
complying with EN 60898-1, Type B, rated 32A.  If the equipment does not pass
these tests, suitable protective devices shall be included as an integral part
of the direct plug-in equipment, until the requirements of Annexes B.3.1 and
B.4 are met.

Ted Eckert
Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my
employer.