From: IBM Ken [mailto:ibm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:15 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] E-Box Layout on Factory Machines

I think those types of products are engineered once, and then built and
serviced for decades.  Overly neat designs lend themselves to less problems in
production and service over the years, even when the original designers are no
longer available to help.  I don't think there are any criteria which require
that type of construction (aside from tradition).  It's like asking why every
facilities engineer has a large keyring, a pocket protector containing no less
than three writing instruments, and a AA mini Maglite on their belt.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Kunde, Brian