Hello Experts,

I didn't see my first request show up in my inbox. So I'm trying again...

A customer in Turkey has stated that the EN 50491-1 family of HBES/BACS
standards has been replaced by the EN 63044-1 family.
They want a DoC drafted with the new standards called out.
When I check the OJ for both EMCD and LVD, the EN 50491 standards are shown as
current with no DOW and the EN 63044 standards are not shown.
I also noticed that the OJ for EMCD is over 1.5 years old. And the LVD is 6
months old.
So if this was a recent withdrawal, it won't be in there.

Does anyone on this list have inside information about these two product
standards?

Our Turkey customers seem to be running all DoC's through a consultant.
This is not the first time they have asked for a standard to be removed or the
issue date updated even though the current standard on the DoC was still valid
according to the OJ.
They seem to be the toughest EU member, that's not actually a member.

Is presumption of conformity still valid if a DOW has past, but the OJ still
shows it as valid?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Kevin McCandless

                    __________________

Kevin McCandless   |   Schneider Electric   |   Building & IT Business -
EcoBuilding Division - Building Management LoB   |   Regulatory Engineer
Phone: +1 815 381 5044   |   Direct Dial: 52344   |   Fax: +1 815 381 0749   |
 Mobile: +1 815 323 8002
Address: Rockford Development Center, 839 N. Perryville Rd., Rockford, IL
61107, USA
Email:
kevin.mccandl...@schneider-electric.com<mailto:kevin.mccandl...@schneider-electric.com>
   |   Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/buildings<http://www.schneider-electric.com/buildings>

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail