Hello experts,

I note that EN 60335-1 (household and similar appliances) specifically calls
up EMC immunity tests in clause 19.11.4 where the controls for the EUT are
set in the "off position" and a set of immunity tests are applied. For
something that controls a heating element, I can see why this would be a
concern.

A couple of questions / thoughts:

*       It sounds like this at least doubles the amount of immunity testing
required - one with the EUT "on" and one with it "off". Would that be how
you read this?
*       Are there any other safety standards that explicitly call up EMC
tests within them like this one does? This is the first one I've come across
where this is the case but I'm not very familiar with safety standards in
general.

Thanks and all the best,

James