Brian,

Li batteries and battery packs have conditions of acceptability that must be confirmed within the end-use application.  That is the hook in this application.  Our NRTL understandably must confirm this.   I consider our NRTL's willingness to accept the CB Cert and Report rather generous in this case because that doesn't ensure follow-up factory inspections.  I'm sure the fact that it's Samsung is the reason why.

Thanks,

Carl

On 8/16/2018 10:29 AM, Kunde, Brian wrote:

The power supply is NRTL certified and the battery is NRTL certified. The rest of the tablet I assume is limited energy circuit.  Does the tablet require NRTL certification?

*Brian Kunde*

Manager • Compliance Engineering

LECO Corp • Compliance Testing Center

*From:*Carl Newton [mailto:emcl...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:43 AM
*To:* EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
*Subject:* [PSES] CB Certificate For Samsung Tablet - Need Contact

Group,

I'm working with a company that manufacturers exercise equipment.  They use a Samsung S3 tablet model SM-T820 as a user interface console.  The machine is being investigated at a USA NRTL for North American marks and they need a safety mark or report to validate the tablet.  The tablet has no NRTL mark and so I'm trying to get a CB Certificate, and also the report as well if possible (IEC 60950-1).  There's some form of a 60950-1 report somewhere because it's listed on their DoC and they comply with the RED, which mandates a safety report for EU.

I've tried several paths as has the company purchasing department to reach someone at Samsung to get the safety report but no luck so far.  Does anyone on this list have a contact or suggestion as to how I might get to the right department or person at Samsung?

Thanks,

Carl

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org <mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>>
Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org <mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>>

For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org <mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com <mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>>

          *LECO Corporation Notice:* This communication may contain
          confidential information intended for the named recipient(s)
          only. If you received this by mistake, please destroy it and
          notify us of the error. Thank you.