Here’s another interesting one.

In a previous job a Program Manager sees that an 18 chassis system (all
shielded enclosures) is over the maximum weight budget (it’s mission equipment
that goes on an aircraft). He orders the development team to remove a top cover
from one chassis enclosure to help decrease system weight. The EMC team warns
the PM that decision will cause the system to fail the EMC/EMI requirements
during qualification testing but his order is carried out anyway. The system is
tested and fails. PM eventually loses his job (but for a different reason not
related to this decision).

Manny Barron
EMC/EMI Engineer
Test Lab Manager

Friday, September 14, 2018, 9:03 AM -0700 from
00000061f3f32d0c-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org