The Guide to the EMC Directive is not really relevant when considering radio
spectrum rules

The relevant piece of EU legislation is “Commission Implementing Decision (EU)
2017/1483 of 8 August 2017 amending Decision 2006/771/EC on harmonisation of
the radio spectrum for use by short-range devices and repealing Decision
2006/804/EC (notified under document C(2017) 5464) (Text with EEA relevance.
)”, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32017D1483
C/2017/5464

[cid:image001.png@01D45BF7.770FC940]

[3] The non-specific short-range device category covers all kinds of radio
devices, regardless of the application or the purpose, which fulfil the
technical conditions as specified for a given frequency band. Typical uses
include telemetry, telecommand, alarms, data transmissions in general and other
applications.
[16] The wideband data transmission device category covers radio devices that
use wideband modulation techniques to access the spectrum. Typical uses include
wireless access systems such as radio local area networks (WAS/RLANs) or
wideband SRDs in data networks.

EN 300 328 contains additional requirements for spectrum sharing, but these are
not applicable for devices that transmit < 10mW EIRP

Regards
Charlie

Charlie Blackham
Sulis Consultants Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)7946 624317
Web:
www.sulisconsultants.com<https://outlook.hslive.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=02be3bf3e3a544d1bdf7b6c99fbd12f5&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sulisconsultants.com%2f>
Registered in England and Wales, number 05466247