Regarding this:

*       CE mark is replaced by UK mark.

Hmm.  I wonder why the UK or any country can’t recognize the CE mark as
indicative of the relevant performance of the product?

I’m sure the UK could choose to accept a compliance ‘effort’ of similar level
to that needed to CE Mark (for the EU).

But, the UK cannot have the CE Mark as their own compliance mark.

To place products onto the market in the UK (from within the UK, or from
elsewhere), the UK customs, consumers, surveillance, etc., would need to know
if the device is safe and not likely to cause interference, so some sort of
marking would be needed.   The UK cannot copy the CE Mark, because the CE Mark
is copyrighted by the EU.

So also, the UK could not legally state “The CE Mark is also our own mark”,
because non-EU regions cannot have compliance marks which could be confused
with the CE Mark.

This becomes especially problematic if a product is only marketed in, or
permitted in, the UK; not the EU.

Michael.

Hmm.  I wonder why the UK or any country can’t recognize the CE mark as
indicative of the relevant performance of the product?

Rich

<emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org> >

<http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html>
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html