Ted has proposed something that safety standards committees do not do:
EXPERIMENTS to prove or disprove the requirements.

But I have done voltage, current, and thermal experiments on students
(voluntarily) at the Energy Class 1 levels in my HBSE courses.

One of the more interesting experiments was that of 60 Hz constant current
source, where one current limiter (0.5 mA short-circuit) was a resistance and
another was a capacitance.   Most volunteers could not or could barely feel the
current from the resistive source.  However, most volunteers felt an unpleasant
jolt from the capacitive source.  This was probably the discharge from the
charged capacitor.

But to John’s point.  When I was in grade school (1st grade, I think), my
father had replaced the spark coil in our ’35 Plymouth.  So, I got to play with
the old one.  It would still work sometimes.  I used one of the old,
cylindrical 1.5-volt dry cells, probably 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches
tall.  I would give myself shocks from the thing.  I took it to school, and had
all the kids (and teacher) hold hands in a big circle.  The first time I
touched the wires to generate the pulse – nothing.  The nervous kids relaxed.
The second time it worked, and all enjoyed (experienced) the current pulse!

Anyway, I would guess that Boštjan’s 50-volt, 700-millisecond pulse would be
easily felt – even to the extent that many would say that it was unacceptable.
Experiment?  But it complies with the ES1 requirements in the standard!

Best regards,

Rich