Hi Brian:

As you know, my opinions are engineering-based, not standards-based.

The rule (or principle) is that the main protective grounding (of the power
cord) need not be disturbed when servicing the other stacked ground circuits or
assemblies on a stud or stud-equivalent.  This means that the power cord
grounding wire is at the bottom of the stack with its own nut, such that it is
not disturbed when the others are removed.  This often means the power cord
grounding is double-nutted so as to prevent loosening the ground securement
when removing the other ground wires.  Or any equivalent construction.

Screw cannot be smaller than #8.  This is a mechanical requirement, not an
electrical requirement.

Documentation of the grounding securement is in older standards, not so much in
newer standards.  I believe this is because many products today use an
appliance coupler rather than an attached power cord.

As for making contact with metal, a star lock-washer is sufficient.  Studies
have shown that a star lock-washer will break through the oxide or other
coating and make a gas-tight connection.  Paint masking gets rid of the paint,
but not the oxide, so the star lock-washer is still needed.

If a screw head fastens the grounding wire, then no other grounding wires can
be stacked to the screw.

Best regards,

Rich

Ps:  Thanks, Doug!