Dan has the technical work correctly identified imo. IECEE CTL issued a
Decision(DSH2115) that proposes the IEC60335-1 in the interim. This was
affirmed by CTL in 2019 and IECEE WG29 in 2020. noting the TC61 development
ongoing in Dan’s note.   Decision DSH 2115 is available on the IECEE’s website.

A broader or related issue was considered by IECEE management on the
certification of ethically questionably products  like  e-cigarettes, weapons
etc..(their terms, not mine) and it was referred to the IEC Conformity
Assessment Board (CAB) to ensure their work is in line with IEC’s ethical codes
and liability considerations. No idea if CAB did anything with this at their
Nov2020 meeting

"Chaotic times have a way of reordering reality”  - wsj oped

Bob Griffin
919 426 9565
bobgrif...@nc.rr.com