I have had resistance to placing both directives on a single DoC. Mostly
from strong proponents of the MD who believe that all equipment is under
their control. It was the same people who told me that even a mechanical
writing instrument such as a ball point pen is "machinery".

It should be noted however, that since the MD specifically invokes
Directive 73/23/EEC (LVD) for equipment with an electrical supply, you are
already covered in that case. To put it another way, the MD does not
replace the LVD, it incorporates it. However, as mentioned before, the
authorities may not be aware of this nuance.

By the way, the MD's reference to the LVD out of date and the LVD is now
2014/35/EU. So I might suggest if you include both LVD directives in your
documentation by stating something like Directive 73/23/EEC
(LVD) superseded by 2014/35/EU (LVD).

What a mess....

-Doug

Douglas E Powell