Back around 1998 when I worked for Tandem Computers (purchased by Compaq in
1998, then purchased by HP in 2001), I visited the HP EMC Lab in Washington
state (I went to see their 10m chamber since we were thinking
of getting a 2nd 10m chamber, which we did).

Well they used two antennas connected to two separate receivers for their
RE tests. Can't remember if it was horizontal and vertical OR if it was two
frequency ranges (30-300MHz and 300-1000MHz), but it was definitely two
antennas and two receivers.  At that time they were also experimenting with
4 antennas but I think still 2 receivers, but don't know if that was
actually implemented. They wrote their own custom test software to handle
the multiple antenna / receiver combinations.  The guy who ran that HP EMC
test lab was Bob Dockey who later went to Philips Medical, if you can find
him maybe he can elaborate on their RE test system of the time.

A year later we (now Compaq) purchased a new 10m chamber (now we had two),
so I was thinking about the two antenna RE test method as well.  But then
in 2002 (now HP), HP shut down two full EMC labs with three 10m chambers
(all within 1 mi area in Cupertino, CA), and laid off almost all EMC
personnel, something about too many labs and equipment after the corporate
merger.  They ended up taking equipment to be tested to their Roseville, CA
EMC test lab, about 100 miles north.

So I never got a chance to research and implement the 2 antenna RE test
system. Had all the equipment,  but it was too late.

Manny Barron