Hi Daniel

If a product that is within scope of CE-marking legislation is placed on the EU
market, then it needs to be CE marked. Remember that the concept of placing on
the market relates to each individual item, not to a type or series.

As you say, the 10 years relates to the length of time that records need to be
kept. For example, if you start marketing a particular product model this year
and do so until 2027, then you will need to keep records such as the technical
file until 2037.

Regards
Chris

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html