From: spud <s...@garlic.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:21:00 -0700
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [PSES] Vehicle EMC limits

Good afternoon.

I'm trying to understand some vehicle EMC standards better. I'm sure this is
an easy one for the list's experts.

UN/ECE Regulation 10 (R10) and ISO 13766 have different limits for
³narrowband² and ³broadband² emissions, but the detector bandwidth
requirements are the same for both emission types.

Several standards (and search engine hits) indicate that the termss
³narrowband² and ³broadband² refer to an emission's bandwidth relative to a
receiver's IF bandwidth, not to a signal's fundamental frequency.

In light of the above, the intent does not seem to be to measure narrowband
and broadband emissions separately, but to observe the measured spectrum and
evaluate the results against both of the limits. The peaky (spikey) results
against the narrowband limits and the more spread out results against the
broadband limits.

Do I understand this correctly? If not, or there is more to the story,
please educate me.

Regards and thanks,

Peter Tarver

Website:      http://www.ieee-pses.org/