crazy making by AHJ's that have no engineering knowledge.
Electric motors, certainly.
physical: pumps, any of the variety I am familiar with, have no hazards for
safety.
Even when stalled and pumping no where.
As a system, there might be a problem.
Assume that is a system approval and is custom for the situation.
ie. nuclear cooling system pumps as a collection of various parts, just might
desire an approval.
But individual parts, not so much and a system approval would not carry over to
any other approvals, unless identical.  and certainly not to any component to a
system approvals.

    On Friday, July 1, 2022, 09:48:45 AM EDT, MIKE SHERMAN