Scott,

I very much prefer the two-channel o'scope dual-probe method using the A-B
function.  Alternatively a differential o'scope probe is an option,
although they tend to be rather pricey.  It is usually not necessary to get
high speed probes as this is only line frequency.

It is inadvisable to isolate the o'scope and use the grounding pin on
Neutral as any errors can cause the o'scope chassis to go live.  In that
case, even the set screws holding knobs on the controls would be a
potential shock hazard.

-Doug

Douglas E Powell
Laporte, Colorado USA