On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 11:32:20 +0900,
  Youngsik Kim <fs741fs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to FCC part 18.305 FIELD STRENGTH LIMITS, a test article of Any
> type unless otherwise specified has a measurement distance of 300 meters,
> but I want to measure it at a distance of 3 meters because I need to
> measure it in a chamber.
> In this case, what is the limit at 3 meters?
>
> If we use Any non-ISM frequency, the measurement distance is 300 meters and
> the limit value is 15 uV/m, We have a limit of 63.5 dBuV/m when measuring
> at 3 meters.
> However, other laboratories apply a limit of 103.5 dBuV/m.
> Depending on the RF power of the test device, can I use a 40 log instead of
> a 20 log conversion?
> Is the conversion different depending on the power of the test device?

See note 2 in the section, which says:

  Testing for compliance with these limits may be made at closer
  distances, provided a sufficient number of measurements are taken to
  plot the radiation pattern, to determine the major lobes of radiation,
  and to determine the expected field strength level at 30, 300, or 1600
  meters.

  Alternatively, if measurements are made at only one closer fixed
  distance, then the permissible field strength limits shall be adjusted
  using 1/d as an attenuation factor.

With the former method above, attenuation factor larger than -20 dB/decade
may be used if measurements at closer distances justified that.

Regards,
Tom

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html