I understand that commercial products are %100 HiPot tested at the
factory.  Does this rule hold true for 3-phase industrial machinery?

Here is why I am asking.  I just pre-tested a German build 400-480Vac to
24Vdc power supply (DIN Rail Mount). It passed all the tests, except it
failed the Phase-to-PE HiPot test at around 1000V. I tried both AC and DC
voltage and tried connecting it from a single phase to PE and tried all
phases connected together to PE.  I tested a second power supply of the
same model and it did the same exact thing. So I am thinking that it is
supposed to perform this way.

My concern is that in our factory, they will not be able to HiPot the final
product when the power supply is installed.

I assume the power supply has some kind of built in surge suppression. So
how am I to use this PSU in my final product?

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Best regards to all.

The Other Brian

EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/