On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 04:04:16PM -0800, Glenn R. Edwards wrote:

> I have noticed that when I do a fast-move command with all axes going,
> such as G0 X50 Y30 Z20 A90 (from home), the angular axis will move
> faster than when I do a single axis move such as G0 A90.

Please post your ini (attach it here, or use www.pastebin.ca and
include just a link here) and also say which version of EMC you are
running.

> And I noticed
> that a G0 command behaves like a G1 command in that all the axes arrive
> at the same time.  For example, in the multi-axis move listed above, I
> would expect a trapezoid move profile (the axes with shorter distances
> arrive first) but I am getting a straight-line move profile from home to
> the end-point.  Any suggestions or comments?

This is the correct behavior; the axes should start and stop together,
according to the rs274ngc spec:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/RS274NGC_3/RS274NGC_32a.html#1012110

Since you would have to wait for the slowest axis (making the longest
move) anyway, this costs you no extra time, and a straight move is a
lot less "surprising" in a lot of situations.

Chris