> But, just to put that in perspective for both of us, I was out to see Doc
> Blake 2 weeks ago as I pick up scraps I can use from his shop floor from time
> to time.  It was about 7pm and he hadn't quit for the day yet, so I asked him
> when he was going to retire as I know he has a few years on me, but give him
> a chair at a pickin session and he can still start a fire on the fretboard of
> a banjo or mandolin doing real justice to some bluegrass at least as good as
> you'll hear on Mountain Stage, the radio program on NPR.  He could sit in
> with Ricky Skaggs and be right at home anytime.  Anyway he said he was too
> young to retire, he was only 78.  And he said it with a straight face.
> Knowing Doc, he will probably fall over while tending his power hacksaw,
> making parts to fix a broken well tender rig.  He and his son turn away work
> all the time.

Did I hear BANJO!?  :-)  I've built banjos for several years now.  I
don't have a CNC machine yet but when I do I'll use it for some of my
banjo work.  I'm currently working for CandCNC (www.candcnc.com) part
time putting together, testing, and repairing all our CNC electronics.
I helped with the design for our latest pendant and wrote all the
firmware and the Mach3 plugin for it.

We currently only support Mach3 but I'm hoping to get some time to work
on EMC (I've been a linux guy for about 8 years now) and get our
products working with it (some work already but others will need some
extra work).

I'm still a little wet behind the ears though at 31 :-)

Moses McKnight
www.mcknightinstruments.com