Jon Elson wrote:
>>Gentlemen,
>>>   The screenshots are on imagebin.org under stustev. They are
>>>representative of the previously presented scenario of homing
>>>attempts. aligned, .030, and .060.
I do homing with both velocities in the same direction, and I
might have seen it glitch once, but it might have been a sticky
indicator.  I then changed it so it did the final search for the
index pulse in the opposite direction, and the home position is
set to +0.1, just like Stuart's file, and I got very erratic
home positions.  On my system, it seemed to home in .020"
quanta.  This quantized offset thing is pretty curious.  There's
nothing in the driver or PPMC hardware that cares a whit about
units of .020" in my case, which works out to 400 encoder
counts.  I can't say absolutely, every time, it is off by a
multiple of .020", but it sure looks like it in a dozen or so
tries.  Does 400 encoder counts, or .020", or 0.5mm ring any
bells for anybody?

So, I decided to update my Bridgeport to the current CVS, and I
got a HAL error "setp requires 2 arguments, 3 given"
This was a collection of configs files that worked before.  I
can't find this 3rd argument, even looked for non-printing chars
on the line.  Any ideas?

Anyway, I can confirm that at least when homing in the plus
direction, and then searching for the index pulse in the -
direction, this error does show up with the late April version
of the driver.  I am hoping that the latest driver will fix this
problem.  John, or anyone, know about the "setp requires 2
arguments" message?

Thanks,

Jon