On 24 Jul 2007 at 12:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Based on the description of the board, I see no reason why it would
> not work with emc's hal_parport in "I" or "O" mode.
>
> It would not work with boards like the Universal Stepper Controller or
> Pluto Servo Controller which use the parallel port in EPP mode.  It
> also would not work with hal_parport in "X" mode.
>
> However, I also haven't tested this board with emc.
>
> If you do decide to try this board, please let us know your
> experiences either here on the users list or on
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/ on the page "EMC2 Supported Hardware".
>
> Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

Would I be better off at this stage to get something like the Mesa M5i20 card
and
learn to use that? It seems like it has a lot more capibility... My first
attempt most
likely will be with a couple of steppers or some used servos. BTW, I'm building
portable plasma table.  I'm not too concerened with proper speeds yet just
figuring
out the parts of the puzzle so to speak.

Thanks
John